From Peak Bagging New Zealand
Getting Involved with Peakbagging.co.nz
So you like this website and want to help? Fantastic! Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are basically looking for help in three key ways:
Without taking a year or two off work, we can’t visit every single peak on this website in a short timeframe. We research and walk up as many as we can, but we need your help!
Even the tiniest piece of information about your experiences make this site more relevant and useful. It not only helps keep the content up to date, but it is the only way to prove to the world you have actually bagged the peak!
The best ways to share your knowledge with us are:
- post your trip reports for each peak
- post your photos on the site
- do some research for us (ask your friends, visit the library, visit DOC offices) and then post your findings to our forums. We are not only interested in information on tracks, but information on history, flora, and fauna are also welcome.
Share your knowledge with us now - Post to our Forums
2. Spread the word
The more people we have out there bagging peaks and contributing trip reports the better this site will come.
Here are some ways you can help us spread the word:
- tell people about us (e.g. your friends, enemies, family, teachers, students, or workmates)
- post a link to our site on your blog or website
- create and stick posters for our site up on notice boards (e.g. in gyms, backpackers, universities, churches, shops or anywhere you have permission to do so)
- if you belong to a club or group feature our site in your newsletter
- mention it to other trampers you meet while out walking
- tattoo your forehead with www.peakbagging.co.nz
- feature a story about our site in your local newspaper, or invite us to contribute some articles for your local mountains
3. Code us something cool
We’re not programmers, but we have a lot of ideas a good programmer could help us with. If you’re a coder willing to work for a discounted rate then contact us. We’re specifically looking for someone with programming skills in the following areas (preferably all at once):
- SMF Forum extensions
- Mediawiki extensions
- Google Maps & Google Earth
Contact us at:
If all else fails and that all sounds a bit much, you can also help by just hanging out on our forums and saying hi.